If you couldn’t already tell, my husband and I make our home in the wonderful city that is Kansas City. Here’s some things we love: local restaurants, food in general, people, art, modern design with a vintage twist, and exploring!
Below are just some of our explorations in the form of restaurants, places, and events:
Some Kansas City Restaurants/Coffee Shops
- Port Fonda: Mexican Airstream trailer food truck turned into awesome restaurant
- Swagat: This is our favorite Indian restaurant! Located in Zona Rosa in the northland. Worth the drive a little bit north!
- Quay Coffee: Coffee shop in the River Market that has amazing coffee
- Jasper’s: Authentic Italian that is beyond amazing!
- Lulu’s Thai Noodles: Delicious Thai restaurant in the Crossroads
- Little Freshie: Soda fountain and espresso bar located in the Westside. We love Little Freshie!
- Café Gratitude: Vegan restaurant, delicious food, best desserts!
- FUD: All vegan, amazing local organic ingredients, absolutely delicious!
- The Westside Local: Focus on local ingredients, always superb!
- Blue Bird Bistro: Awesome food, awesome atmosphere, local ingredients.
- Fresher than Fresh snow cones: Awesome all natural snow cones. ‘Nuf said.
- Eden Alley Café: KC vegetarian/vegan restaurant located on the Plaza.
- Mud Pie Vegan Bakery & Coffeehouse: Awesome bakery with a lovely patio and comforting décor, all vegan!
- Chez Elle: Another great 17th & Summit restaurant.
- Waldo Pizza: Kansas City pizza place. (They have a full vegan menu!)
- PizzaBella: A delicious spot for downtown KC pizza.
- The Farmhouse: Emphasis on local, fresh ingredients, and I love their veggie burger.
- Grinder’s: Featured on several Food Network shows, Grinder’s is a great local place to get some NY style pizza (among other classic foods), and enjoy a concert outdoors
- Good You: An organic food truck serving up delicious food!
- Yogurtini: One of the many frozen yogurt places.
- Kona Grill: Kona has never let us down.
- The Mixx: Great place to get quick salads, soups, and sandwiches.
- Spin! Neapolitan Pizza: An excellent place to stop in for a quick lunch or dinner.
- KC Juice: Great place to get a delicious smoothie with an emphasis on local ingredients.
Kansas City Events
- AIGA’s Homegrown Foodie: “where creativity and cuisine converse”.
- foodNow 2011
- Farm Aid 2011
- 2011 Urban Farms & Garden Tour: A biannual self guided farm and garden tour in the KC area.
- First Fridays: Art, food, people, fun!
- Plaza Art Fair
- Taste of KC: Annual gathering where you can sample about 20 Kansas City restaurants, along with watching a cooking challenge.
Kansas City Businesses
- LocalBucha: Kansas City’s local kombucha made by Get Real Food Company.
- Urbavore Urban Farm: Urban farm created by owners of BADSEED farmers market. It’s awesome!
- BADSEED Farmers Market: Farmers market located in downtown Crossroad Arts District. Our favorite farmers market!
- Conveniently Natural: Kansas City’s first and all-vegan meal delivery service.
- Door to Door Organics: One of several organic produce delivery services.
- City Market: A giant farmer’s market to explore (especially in summer) for fresh, and abundant produce