Happy New Year!
Not only are we at the close of 2009 and at the beginning of a new year, but Lesley Lifting Life (which used to be Lesley Living Life) is just a little over one year old today : )
I had no idea I would still be blogging a year later. I was simply googling/surfing the web for healthy recipes/nutrition articles and I came across the wonderful Itzy’s Kitchen. I’d never been a blog reader but I saw Erica sharing her delicious healthy recipes, talking about Body Attack, etc and I thought, “Fun!” Haha. Shortly after, I started my own blog and discovered there was endless amounts of blogs out there!!
I started my blog late December of ‘08, so …. HAPPY 1 YEAR BLOGIVERSARY to Lesley Lifting Life! ;)
I thought it’d be fun to share some highlights of this past year so here goes …
- Erik and I made numerous trips to the Big City (KC) and discovered we love it there. We’re very thankful it’s just 45 minutes away!
- I became much more confident in myself and my abilities.
- We had our 2nd wedding anniversary
- Started working out at home and built up a home gym. (We’re currently redoing our basement workout room … pictures to follow soon!)
- I discovered my love for lifting and realized I’m much more tough than I thought.
- I began writing for Examiner.com as the Kansas City Healthy Living Examiner. (And I need to get with it and write more!!)
- We got new furniture and have been doing house renos (ha, they are never ending!)
- I had a chance to interview Tosca Reno for Lesley Lifting Life
- Got a new “old” dog and we can’t help but love him! (Bubba is my father-in-law’s dog but we’ve had him since August)
- Got a blog makeover by Mommy Doodles (she comes highly recommended by me!! :)
- We decided to start a new business venture, Originally Organic Vending. Our machines should be launched the beginning of 2010!
All in all, it has been a great year and I’m looking forward to seeing what 2010 will bring!! : ) Thank you, each and every one of you, for reading!! : )
Have a great time celebrating the new year and be safe!