This weekend I decided to utilize my crock pot. Why don’t I use this genius invention more often?? It’s so easy to make something delicious with little to no effort.
Friday night while Erik and I were out, my crock pot made us sloppy lentils. I saw this recipe, or something similar to it, floating around some blogs recently and bookmarked one of them for a time such as this.
I was really happy with the results. I think next time I might sub half of the lentils for black beans, though. Lentils are so fiber packed it’s almost a little much in my opinion. I adapted this recipe.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 small chopped onion
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes (drained),
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Throw all ingredients in a crock pot, cook on low for approximately five hours. Serve with bun and side of choice.