Happy Almost May!! (so weird, isn’t it?)
We had a pretty uneventful past weekend. Rain + clouds + chilly weather = a lazy Lesley!
Healthy & Hearty Delicious French Toast
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (I used Rudy’s Organic Spelt bread, my current favorite bread!)
- 3 eggs (I used 2 eggs and 1 egg white)
- Generous sprinkle(s) of cinnamon
- 4-6 drops of NuNaturals vanilla stevia (or 1 packet of stevia)
- 1 serving peanut butter
- Berries or other fruit toppings
- Agave nectar
- Coconut oil or olive oil spray (to grease pan)
- Mix together eggs, stevia and cinnamon in bowl large enough for at least a slice of bread to fit in
- Dip in one side of bread, letting it soak few a few seconds, flip and repeat
- Place dipped bread onto greased pan on low to medium heat, and keep flipping every few minutes until desired (should only take about 5-10 minutes once pan is heated up)
- Repeat with other slice of bread.
- Place on plate, add berries, peanut butter, a good squirt of agave, and extra cooked egg mixture (if you have any, and if desired ; )
- Enjoy! :)
Moving right along to the vending machines … as I mentioned last week, I got to go with Erik to stock our vending machines last Monday and here’s some pictures along the way … The van may look a little messy but I promise you, there is an organized method to this madness!! ; ) Couple of products spotted: Boulder chips, Hansen’s soda, Blue Sky soda, Nature’s Path pop tarts among MANY other things!
It’s hard to take pictures of most of the actual vending machines just because they’re in schools and school was in session. Buuut in case you missed it:
We’ve switched up a lot of the products as we see what sells, what the kids want, and what is available to us at a reasonable price. We try to sell the cheapest items possible, especially for machines in middle schools. Erik’s goal is to sell everything for $1 and under in schools and he just about does! On the drive to different vending machines on on the way to KC (we’re about 45 minutes to an hour away) I kept myself entertained with magazines and my camera.
In other news …
- In fitness news, today I set a personal record by benching 135 today for one rep! (That’s a 45 lb plate on each side .. ahh!) I was so proud of myself because that was my original benching goal when I first started outl! (My next benching goal is now 150 but Erik tells me it should be 225. Right now, I’m just laughing in his face … but we shall see ; )
Has anyone else set a new PR recently (in anything)? I’d love to hear all about it! And I hope you all have a great week filled with sunshiny weather! What’s the weather like for everyone else? I’m ready for the rain to go away for a while!