Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family, and good food!
Also known as … warm chai tea.
Erik and I spent Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law’s and she was nice enough to make us a non traditional, vegetarian meal of delicious appetizers and lasagna, yum!! I didn’t miss the turkey, in fact that was never my favorite part about Thanksgiving anyways. My contribution was peanut butter cookies:
Erik and I have made this several times now, I talked about it in my last post, and we love. So without further ado …
Grown up Mac ‘N Cheese
- Penne pasta
- Chopped medium onion
- Cheese of choice (we actually used Provolone, and it tastes delish!)
-1 vegetable bouillon cube or about 2 cups broth
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Kale or other greens such as spinach or chard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Boil a pot of water for the Penne, which will need to be cooked al dente.
- Sautee chopped onions and minced garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Pour dried Penne pasta into boiling water. Cook al dente.
- Add vegetable broth and chopped kale to sauté mixture, and let cook down a little.
- Pour in vegetable mixture, and the another layer of cheese. Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings of choice.
- Pop it in the oven for thirty minutes, or until cheese becomes golden brown, and voila!
We’ve been on a huge pasta kick lately, and this fits the bill perfectly.
I got up way too late this morning, because Erik and I stayed up way past our bedtime watching season one of Mercy on Netflix. Therefore, my goal today is to be productive!
What’s on tap for your weekend??