More carrots, anyone??
Carrot cake raisin bread just wasn’t enough, apparently, because that was not the end of carrot inspired baked goods. These are fairly similar to the bread, but have a different, surprisingly delicious taste to them.
Carrot Cake Balls
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 cup whole wheat bread flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (or other nut)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 375.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Add carrots and almonds.
- In separate bowl, mix together agave, vanilla, and coconut oil. Add to flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheets, about 1 tablespoon in size. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
*Makes around two dozen.
As I said before, these are surprisingly delicious! I initially figured they would be just okay but, no, they far surpass “okay”, I promise. And they get even better the next day.
Okay, now who’s ready for pumpkins, crisp evenings and crunchy leaves to step on?? I am, I am!