And we’re onto another week!
We’ve been enjoying everything fall inspired such as copious amounts of hot tea, warm soup and baked goods. This weekend, carrots reigned supreme.
I made us two huge glasses of fresh carrot juice for the sole purpose of using the leftover carrot pulp to bake up some deliciousness. I made two separate baked goods but first we have this …
Carrot Cake Raisin Bread
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix together carrot, flax, agave, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking power, baking soda and salt
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together, stir in raisins and almonds.
- Place into greased bread pan and bake for 45 minutes.
What did you do this weekend?