Alternative post title: “More Cookies? Uhm, yeah.”
Anyways … blogging has been sparse this week because, of course, it’s Erik’s birthday week!! He turned 30 on Wednesday. I tell you what, I married an old man! Ha.
After eating dinner on Wednesday we were going to go get a “sweet stack” (cashew ice cream + brownie) at Fud buuut after getting there we realized they’re not open on Wednesday nights yet (they’re going to be soon, so we’re not totally crazy, we just jumped the gun a bit).
Sooo … Lesley to the rescue! Erik’s request was oatmeal raisin cookies and cashew ice cream. The cookies turned out deliciously!
Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
lightly adapted from Oh She Glows
- 2 cups oats, divided
- 1 1/2 cup toasted almonds (or any other nuts)
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Sucanat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees, and roast almonds on baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Remove, let cool for a few minutes. Place in food processor or high powered blender until finely ground.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, 1 cup oats, cinnamon and Sucanat. Place in food processor or high powered blender until finely ground, and combine with the ground almonds.
- Stir together wet ingredients (coconut oil, agave, almond milk and vanilla), and mix together with dry ingredients. Stir in remaining 1 cup of oats and raisins
- Place on cookie sheet (I made 12 large cookies) and bake for about 15 minutes.
Tip: Add chocolate chips for added deliciousness!
And, of course, I’ve posted my cashew ice cream recipe before. Instead of almond butter, though, I tossed in a little peanut butter this time around. Delish!
We’re having a party on Saturday to complete the birthday celebration and, of course, it will be full of delicious vegan food!
Can’t wait to tell you all about it
Have a great weekend!