Okay, I guess I’m a few days early. We spent our Monday night at a Thanksgiving get together with friends. We, of course, never pass up a moment to cook more than we need to, ha, so our contributions were quinoa with roasted vegetables, stuffing, mashed herb sweet potatoes and carrot cake balls. Here’s some photos from all the festivities:
A great night with great friends!
And now a bonus recipe from the night. Erik whipped up these delicious herb mashed sweet potatoes and we absolutely loved them. I would highly suggest them as an easy and very delicious Thanksgiving side dish!
Mashed Herb Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1-2 large onions, diced and caramelized
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Peel and dice sweet potatoes, add to boiling water and boil until soft
- While potatoes are boiling, dice onions and place into a sauté pan on medium to high heat with about 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Stir continuously until tender, then place on low heat and stir occasionally as to not burn until completely caramelized and very tender.
- Once potatoes are boiled, drain water and using a blender (or masher), thoroughly mix together the potatoes, onions, 2 more tablespoons coconut oil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
These were awesome! Perfect blend of coconut oil and herbs that makes a perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
What’s your favorite way to eat Thanksgiving sweet potatoes?