It’s that time of year again!
For the past few years I’ve done a “Highlights of” post and I’m not so sure that I don’t simply do it for myself. I find it enjoyable to skim over the past year and remember all that’s happened. One of my favorite things about having a blog.
That being said, I figure it’s also a chance for new readers to catch up and get to know the history of The Purple Carrot a little bit better. So here we go!
Highlights of 2011
- Pretty much exactly a year ago, we officially moved to Kansas City (we were about 40 minutes north before), and have loved it ever since!
- After dabbling in vegetarianism for awhile, we started eating a vegan diet. It’s been fun changing up recipes and learning how to make delicious baked goods and entrees, all dairy & meat free.
- A materialistic highlight, I know, but we got iPhones and ever since, Instagram’ing has been a big part of my blogging life, ha!
- Erik and I celebrated our 4th year wedding anniversary (my, how time flies!)
- After finding my real blogging niche, I changed the name of my then more fitness related blog, Lesley Lifting Life, to what it is today, The Purple Carrot.
- Farm Aid 2011 was hosted in Kanas City this year and we got invited to go as media and blog about it. We had an awesome time, a definite highlight of the year!
- Erik discovered his perfect pizza crust recipe and we’ve been eating well ever since, ha! (And we’ve progressed to an actual pizza oven, housed in our garage)
- The Purple Carrot got voted 2nd best food blog in The Pitch’s 2011 Best of KC Readers Choice Awards!
There’s already some neat things in the works for 2012, and I’m excited and hopeful to see what this new year will bring.
It was a great year, and I just want to say THANK YOU for reading, and supporting The Purple Carrot and helping make it what it is today!!
What’s the highlight of 2011 for you and what are you looking forward to in 2012??