Time for my first official DIY post ever.
Let me start off by saying I do not consider myself to be a crafty person, though I aspire to be one, ha. I have a mom who can do about anything crafty there is to do. Growing up, she managed a fabrics and crafts store, taught craft classes, sewed tons of our outfits, fixes band suits in high school, took in and hemmed prom dresses, etc etc. If you don’t believe me, she has a quilting blog to prove it!
That being said, I hope at least a little bit of that is in my blood, and that someday it will come forth.
But we will start simple.
Very, very simple with a frame key holder, inspired by Pinterest. (I posted this iPhone photo on Facebook and Instagram the other day, so it may look familiar!)
DIY Frame Key Holder
Things you will need:
- A frame.
- It’s quite easy these days to find neat vintage or upcycled frames at antique stores. You can either find one already upcycled for you, or simply buy a frame from anywhere and paint it to your likings. I happened to have ordered some already painted frames off Etsy that I hadn’t put to use yet, so this is one of them.
- A screw driver with appropriate size screw (the box of screw hooks will tell you which size).
- Screw hooks.
What to do:
- Take your frame and plan out where you’d like your hooks to be placed. I decided to use four hooks for my frame.
- Once decided, drill correct sized holes into the frame.
- After holes are drilled, screw in each hook, and you’re ready to mount on wall and hang keys!
Yes, it’s that easy!
To some, they may not even be considered a DIY project due to it’s level of
non difficulty, but it was a definite start for me.
Now I need to get pinning and find my next project!