Instead of more iPhone photos, I finally have a real recipe with real photos! It’s been far too long since I’ve made anything exciting in the kitchen, and I was really craving some dessert yesterday so I knew it was about time. What came to mind? Raw cheesecake. With strawberries. Oh, yes.
Without further ado …
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 cup raw almonds (I only had roasted when I made this, and they were delicious too)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups cashews (it may help to soak these for about 5 hours, especially if your blender isn’t very powerful)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Juice of 3 lemons (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey, agave or coconut nectar
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup dates
- Using a food processor or powerful blender, blend crust ingredients together until fine and will stick together. Place crust mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan and press down until an even crust is formed
- Place all filling ingredients into food processor or blender and pulse until completely smooth (you may have to add a tiny bit of water if it’s not wanting to blend, but add as little as possible so the mixture stays thick)
- Pour mixture on top of pie crust and smooth out.
- Next, blend together the topping of strawberries and dates (keep it slightly chunk if you’d prefer, or pulse until smooth) and pour on top of filling.
- Place in freezer for about an hour, or until hardened and enjoy.
February 14th is coming up rather soon … this would be a delicious Valentine’s Day treat!
A definite winner!
What have you been cooking up, baking, or blending lately??