Now that Thanksgiving has come and went, I'm having a hard time believing it's December and Christmas is so very close!
Despite the increasingly cold weather and darker evenings, I can't help but love winter in the Midwest around Christmastime. The snow, hot beverages, cuddling up in warm blankets, a cozy fire, yummy food, etc. One such ingredient of the season being pumpkin!
I made this pumpkin coconut pie for Thanksgiving and we both liked it so much I'm definitely going to be making it more throughout the holiday season!
I don't typically enjoy pumpkin pie all that much but the addition of coconut milk really gave it an extra punch that made me love this version.
Pumpkin Coconut Pie
- pie crust of choice
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, stirred (the full fat kind in a can)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place all ingredients into a large mixer or bowl and mix well
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until pie is set up and slightly jiggly in the middle
- Let pie completely cool before serving