Til the Easter season!
I haven’t found my way to The Purple Carrot in far too long and after making this carrot cake a few days ago, I knew it was the perfect thing to share. We found it to be extremely moist and delicious! I’ve been doing a lot of juicing lately as well and I never know what to do with all that pulp.
Enter: a great way to use up pulp from juicing carrots!
Moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (makes one 9x13 inch pan or two 9 inch cake pans)
*adapted from All Recipes
- Carrot cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspooons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots (I used the pulp from juicing carrots, works great!)
- Cream Cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla – I ended up using almond because I was out of vanilla and ended up loving the flavor with this cake)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees and grease two 9 inch cake pans or one 9x13 inch pan
- In large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla and milk
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- Stir in carrots
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean
- Combine all ingredients and beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Nom, nom, nom!
Happy Easter, all